Working under a Management Consultant, Senior Management Consultant or Director, Associates provide problem solving, client team leadership, subject matter expertise and operational support.
Budget Controllers are responsible for creating, tracking, and controlling a budget for projects, programs, or portfolios. This includes financial performance against an authorized plan, analyzing performance, trends, and operating conditions to create forecasts. Budget Controllers provide periodic reports that assist senior management in making tactical and strategic decisions.
- Apply proper tools and methods to meet the client’s definition of success.
- Interact closely with clients to ensure completion of individual tasks. Assist the client team in meeting all requirements and provide specialized training.
- Provide status and insight to team leaders and directors regarding the progress and realized value of the Greencastle team and the client team. Communicate engagement progress and results to client management with meaningful data.
- Provide feedback and seek improvement regarding internal processes and service delivery.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Monitor the status of budget spending/activity by reviewing financial reports
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
- Prevent unauthorized charges to projects and manage updates to project authorizations/spend plans.
- Ensure proper accounting or actual spend/revenue, including journal entry corrections, accruals, and deferrals.
- Approve transactions and use of funds for departments.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial performance reports
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, and audit responses
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with organizational, local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Qualifications for Budget Controller:
- Military veteran, experienced in military planning processes: JOINT (JOPP) ARMY (MDMP) NAVY (NPP) MARINE CORPS. (MCPP) AIR FORCE (JOPPA)
- Proven working knowledge and experience with GAAP and Financial theory
- Advanced Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting is preferable
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements and custom reporting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial modeling
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills enabling interaction with diverse groups of individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Significant leadership experience in a team-oriented environment. Demonstrated ability to achieve superior results in dynamic or ambiguous situations with minimal supervision.
- Experience as a military leader is highly regarded.
- Best qualified candidates have industry certifications.
*Greencastle Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer